A year to forget: York, Paulson, Maverick suffer losses
By Rob Copeland
Tue Jan 10, 2012
“Basically everything struggled."
As final numbers for 2011 continue to trickle in, one thing is
certain: For many hedge funds, last year was one to forget. The
AR Composite Index lost 0.48%, just the second negative
showing in the 14 year history of the index, though
substantially better than the worst year, 2008, when the index
fell 6.98%. Nearly 60% of the funds in the index lost
||John Paulson had a lot
to ponder in 2011.
"I don’t think there’s any way
around the fact that 2011 was disappointing," said Arvin Soh, a
portfolio manager who oversees investments in macro and
commodities hedge funds...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager