Do hedge fund copycats work?
By Lawrence Delevingne
Wed Jan 11, 2012
Assessing AlphaClone’s first year running virtual funds of hedge funds.
AlphaClone launched in 2008 with an ambitious idea: allow
everyday investors to copy hedge fund returns without the high
fees. By piggybacking on the publicly disclosed stock
investments of nearly 300 hedge funds and other money
managers, including Baupost’s Seth Klarman,
SAC Capital Advisors' Steve Cohen and Tiger
Global’s Chase Coleman, the San Francisco firm
sought to give everyone access to the masters....
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager