Citi tail risk expert John Liu preps Spartus Capital Management
By Lawrence Delevingne
Wed Jan 18, 2012
The firm plans to launch in the first quarter with a long-volatility strategy.
Veteran equity derivatives investor and former Citigroup tail
risk expert John Liu is preparing the launch of Spartus Capital
Management in the first quarter, according to people familiar
with the situation.
Formed in late 2011, Spartus will operate a so-called
long-volatility strategy that will attempt to profit from
gyrations in financial markets, especially equity indexes.
Liu’s specialty is tail risk, but the fund will
attempt to generate...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager