Eton Park: “We are very disappointed”
By Lawrence Delevingne
Fri Jan 20, 2012
Eric Mindich’s firm explains how it lost 11% in 2011; announces a departure and new partners.
Eric Mindich’s Eton Park apologized to investors
for its poor performance in 2011 in a detailed, 48 page letter
to clients this week.
|| Eric Mindich
"We are very disappointed with these results," the firm said
in a January 17 note to investors in its flagship $3.8 billion
Eton Park Fund. "We entered 2011 believing that the year would
bring some measure of normalcy to the economy and markets,
creating a backdrop for our investments to demonstrate their
underlying value…however, 2011 was instead driven by
macro disruptions and a weakening economic landscape that
undermined the value realization process for many of...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager