Teetering on the brink, mostly
By Rob Copeland
Tue Jan 24, 2012
Some winners, mostly losers in historic weak year for hedge funds.
It was a tale of two 2011s.
On one hand, the global
HedgeFund Intelligence database ended down 1.99 percent for
the year. Nearly 60 percent of funds worldwide lost money. Some
strategies were slammed particularly hard, notably emerging
market equity, which swooned 15 percent, and event driven,
which dropped 4.42 percent.
The AR Composite did much better, dribbling down 0.53
percent. Nine of its 16 underlying...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager