Rambourg’s Verrazzano blends continuity and new talent for landmark Paris launch
Thu Jan 26, 2012
The investment strategy will be pragmatic at all times, cutting emotion out of the investment process as much as possible
Few people are more experienced in long/short European equity
investing through the market cycles than Guillaume Rambourg,
the highly regarded ex-Gartmore manager who has recently set up
his own keenly-awaited Verrazzano Capital asset management firm
|Verrazzano’s founding partners: Tim
Williams, Karim Moussalem, Guillaume Rambourg,
Tomás Pintó and Murielle Maman
Having joined Gartmore in 1995 as an analyst, Rambourg and
his long-time partner Roger Guy first branched into hedge fund
investing back in February 1999 with a $10 million managed
account for a single client.
The AlphaGen Capella fund was launched soon after, in
November 1999, and eventually grew to $3.5 billion at its peak
– generating one of the best and most consistent track
records in the European long/short space, with an annualised
return of 13.5% over more than 10 years until Rambourg stepped
down as a manager in 2010.
The two co-managers and their...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager