Einhorn: $11.3 million U.K. market abuse fine is “unjust and inconsistent”
By Lawrence Delevingne
Wed Jan 25, 2012
FSA says the Greenlight founder should have known better about trading in Punch Taverns stock.
The U.K. Financial Services Authority said today it had
fined David Einhorn and his Greenlight Capital about
£7.28 million, or $11.35 million, for "engaging in market
abuse in relation to an anticipated significant equity
fundraising" by British bar owner Punch Taverns in June
2009.The FSA noted that Einhorn’s dumping of
11,656,000 Punch shares before the price fell nearly
30%—based on a conference call with a Punch...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager