As billions flow in, Pine River launches two new funds
By Rob Copeland
Wed Feb 1, 2012
The Minnesota firm has rolled out new financial services and rates strategies.
Pine River Capital Management, the $5.5 billion firm
that was launched from a remote lake cabin in Minnesota,
has rolled out two new strategies as money continues to flow in
to its existing funds.
The Pine River Financial Services Fund and Pine River Liquid
Rates Fund began trading this month, each with more than $100
million in startup capital.
The first, a long/short equity fund, will deal primarily in
U.S. financial stocks, according to a person familiar with its
strategy. It has been trading internally for...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager