Fund Profile: Tortoise closes to new investors after racing to $550m
Fri Feb 3, 2012
Investment boutique Majedie Asset Management has closed its
UK long/short UCITS fund to new investors after attracting $550
million of flows since launch.
The Tortoise Fund is described by Rob Harris, the managing
director of London-based Majedie, as an 'old fashioned hedge
fund’ because its gross positions are modest and
it achieves its alpha through stock picking not via leverage.
The Irish-domiciled fund is managed by Matthew Smith and Chris
Reid and is currently 41% invested internationally but can
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager