Kite Lake Capital displays its edge with a consistent first year in event-driven
Mon Feb 27, 2012
Former Cheyne special situations manager Massi Khadjenouri and her new partners have racked up strong numbers in a poor period for event-driven strategies with their KL Special Opportunities fund
Kite Lake Capital Management, the London-based event-driven and
credit/distressed investing operation founded by former Cheyne
duo Massi Khadjenouri and Jan Lernout, has just passed its
first anniversary after racking up a distinctively strong set
of numbers in a year when many other European and global
event-related players have struggled.
|The Kite Lake Capital Management team
Over the 12 months since inception in February 2011 to the
end of January this year, the firm’s KL Special
Opportunities Fund has returned 9.5% during a period when the
event-driven indices have been negative – and when
several big names in the event-driven, credit and distressed
space have suffered some significant losses.
The fund’s first full-year performance was
boosted by a 4% return in January, in a month when most other
hedge funds also produced decent gains on the back of a very
benign and bullish global market environment.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager