Viking TMT portfolio manager Jim Parsons to depart
By Lawrence Delevingne
Fri Mar 16, 2012
Tiger Cub and firm founder Andreas Halvorsen tells investors the decision was based on differences over how the firm is run.
Jim Parsons, a portfolio manager and management committee
member of Viking
Global Investors, is leaving the firm, according to a letter
sent to investors yesterday by founder Andreas
Halvorsen (Photo: Matthew
Nine-year Viking veteran Parsons’
decision to leave is due to differences he had with Halvorsen
regarding the direction of the long/short equity shop. "We
never like losing a team member, and when a respected partner
cites differences in how we choose to operate the firm as one
of his reasons for leaving, we pause and reflect," said
Tiger Cub Halvorsen in the letter.
Parsons managed about 15% of Viking’s
exposure across the technology, media and telecommunications
sector and financial and business service industries. Viking
managed $13.47 billion in hedge fund assets as of January 1,
according to the
AR Billion Dollar Club.
"My willingness to drive initiatives and push...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager