GAO findings: HFs meeting pension expectations despite losses
Wed Mar 21, 2012
The Government Accountability Office (GAO) in the US
recently issued a report on the reliance of pension funds on
hedge fund and private equity investments, finding that both
portfolio types met plan representatives expectations in recent
That being the case, a number of plans experienced losses
and other challenges such as limited liquidity and
transparency. A number of plan representatives disclosed peak
annual hedge fund losses in 2008 or 2009 ranging from about 12%
to about 25%.
Most of the 22...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager