Centaurus racks up strong one-year track record with new ‘best ideas’ event vehicle
Mon Mar 26, 2012
The event-driven specialist is making good returns with a strategy that is focused on liquid investments and soft-catalyst plays in Europe, Asia and the emerging markets
Centaurus Capital, the well-established London and Hong
Kong-based event-driven firm led by Randy Freeman and Bernard
Oppetit, is making strong progress with its most recently
launched fund offering, the best-ideas Centaurus Event
Opportunities Fund (CEVO).
One year on from launching in March 2011, the fund has
produced an impressive 12-month return of almost 20%,
comprising a gain of 7.04% in 2011 – a year in which
the EuroHedge Event Driven Index was down 1.45% in euro terms
– and an 11.9% return in the first two months of 2012,
comfortably outperforming the index and most of its peers.
The CEVO fund takes a relatively broad approach to
event-driven investing, focusing on liquid plays and investing
globally – albeit with relatively little North
American exposure. As such, its mandate is less constrained
than Centaurus’ three other funds, two of which
are focused on risk arbitrage and the third of...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager