Tech veterans seek winners and losers in a new phase of creative destruction
Mon Mar 26, 2012
GLG’s experienced TMT sector specialists, Philip Pearson and Anthony Burton, are pursuing a quasi-market neutral approach to exploit twin themes of creation and destruction throughout the technology world in a new phase of rapid innovation and virtual revolution driven by the smartphone and the tablet
There cannot be many 'industrial’ sectors that are
experiencing more rapid growth and change than the technology
|Philip Pearson and Antony Burton
At a company level, the sector’s biggest names
– Apple, Facebook, Google and the rest – are
constantly making headlines and presenting rich opportunities
for a long/short equity manager, with stockmarket valuations
and growth forecasts that are mind-boggling.
But the industry-wide innovation story is arguably even more
interesting, and it is that story that is providing most of the
investment ideas for Philip Pearson and Anthony Burton, the
experienced managers of the successful and well-established GLG
Pearson has managed the hedge fund since launch in June
2002, with Burton coming onboard in mid-2008 as joint manager.
As the fund approaches its 10-year anniversary later this year,
returns over its lifetime have been overwhelmingly positive: it
has recorded just one down year – a 10% drop...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager