Serengeti business development chief Matthew Root departs
By Lawrence Delevingne
Thu Apr 5, 2012
He was one of three partners at Jody LaNasa’s multistrategy hedge fund since 2010.
Matthew Root, the partner at Serengeti Asset Management
responsible for business development and investor relations,
has left the firm.
||Matthew Root (Photo:
"I look forward to enjoying gardening leave with family and
friends," said Root, who left at the end of March. He declined
to comment on the reasons for his departure or his future
Root joined Serengeti in July 2010, when the firm was on an
upswing, with the flagship Opportunities fund’s
combined 2009 and 2010 returns making up for a 52.1% loss in
2008 that was the result of some bad bets on bank...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager