Ex-Deutsche Bank prop team leads new Perella Weinberg equity fund
By Rob Copeland
Fri Apr 13, 2012
David Baker's four-person squad is focused on diversified equities.
David Baker, the former head of long/short equity for
Deutsche Bank’s proprietary trading desk, recently
joined $3.03 billion Perella Weinberg Partners as a partner
managing a new equity fund.
The PWP Diversified Equities Fund began trading March 1 with
$354 million and managed $367 million by April 1, according to
marketing documents. The fund uses the same strategy that Baker
has employed since 2005. That strategy produced no down years,
the documents said, without giving further details about
Baker's track record. A Perella spokeswoman confirmed
Baker’s hire and...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager