Rubicon founder Brummette eyes broad macro canvas with new Onewall venture
Fri Apr 20, 2012
Central banks have been so supportive and there has been a real tailwind behind risk assets. But there is plenty of potential for shocks
"This is a great canvas to run money against. The outlook is
all over the place." So says Jeffrey Brummette, the founder and
CIO of Onewall Advisors – the new discretionary global
macro firm based in London and Singapore that has been up and
running for six months with its in-augural Onewall Global Fund.
Onewall may be a new name in the macro hedge fund space. But
Brummette is an old-timer in the macro investing world
– having spent the last 25 years specialising in macro
trading and fund management at top hedge funds, mutual funds
and investment banks.
Indeed, he was one of the earliest pioneers of the
London-based macro hedge fund world – as one of the
five co-founders back in 1999 of Rubicon, the macro firm led by
Paul Brewer that span out from Salomon Smith
Barney’s foreign exchange trading group.
Before starting Rubicon, American-born Brummette had...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager