Ex-Canyon exec to launch multistrategy fund with Q Investments seed
By Rob Copeland
Thu Apr 26, 2012
Steve Pei gets at least $25 million to start Gratia Capital.
Steve Pei, a former executive at $17.4 billion Canyon
Capital Advisors, has secured a $25 million seed deal from Q
Investments to launch a multistrategy hedge fund firm, Gratia
Capital, in Los Angeles.
Q Investments, the $2.3 billion Fort Worth, Texas firm that
runs private equity and hedge fund strategies, will also match
all investments raised from other limited partners, according
to a description of the new fund in...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager