LRV Capital, formed by ex-Millgate team, nabs $50m in first Stride seed deal
By Rob Copeland
Tue May 1, 2012
Long/short helmed by Mark Rooney finally gets started.
A team from liquidated Millgate Capital has secured the first
seed deal from Stride Capital, a $50 million agreement that
long-awaited fund to get off the ground, according to
people familiar with the strategy.
LRV Capital, based in New York and led by former Millgate
partner Mark Rooney as portfolio manager, began trading in
April with a long/short equity strategy focused on companies
based outside the U.S. The firm targets midcap companies
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager