Hedge funds slam Washington: Obama a ‘disaster,’ says exec
By Lawrence Delevingne
Tue May 1, 2012
Canyon, Blackstone GSO, MFA, SkyBridge weigh in on politics and the economy at Milken.
LOS ANGELES -- It's no secret that many in the hedge fund
industry are bearish on Washington's ability to fix the
economy—or much else—but public comments made
at the Milken Institute's Global Conference today were
Scaramucci (Photo: Bloomberg)
Anthony Scaramucci, managing partner of fund of funds
SkyBridge Capital, was particularly critical of Barack Obama,
saying "the president is a disaster" during a panel discussion
entitled "Dear Washington, Please Make Government Work Again.
Scaramucci, who famously asked Obama in 2010 to stop
"whacking" Wall Street like a "pinata", said the president has
an unhealthy affection for socialism. "He believes in society
with a bigger federal government," said Scaramucci,...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager