Hedge funds declined 0.03% in April, beating indices
Tue May 8, 2012
The Global Composite is up 3.34% for the year.
April was a broadly negative month for hedge funds, with the
HedgeFund Intelligence Global Composite Index down 0.03%. Hedge
funds outperformed equity markets with the MSCI World Index
(net) falling 1.14% for the month.
Emerging market equity funds were the best performers
globally with a gain of 0.31% in April. With a year-to date
return of 6.91%, this is the strategy’s best
return for this period since 2007, when it rose 8.41%.
Note: These indices were accurate as of May 8. For the most
recent performance statistics, please click on the links in the
table below to the individual databases. For a complete list of
the top performing funds in each strategy, please visit the
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager