Stream session: Equity market neutral and quant strategies
Thu May 24, 2012
The beauty of being ‘boring’ in equities
Back to main article
Following a generally good year in 2011 for equity
market-neutral and quant strategies, four specialists gathered
on stage to discuss the benefits of these approaches, and what
makes their strategies work.
|Sven Bakker, Inigo Lecubarri, Stefan Nydahl,
Lawrence Staden, Otto Francke
Panellists were Sven Bakker, CIO at Saemor Capital; Inigo
Lecubarri, founder of Abaco; Stefan Nydahl, CIO of
Brummer-affiliated Archipel Asset Management; and Lawrence
Staden, founder of GLC.
Lecubarri observed that the inherently low beta of a
market-neutral strategy can be a disadvantage in the eyes of
investors, particularly when the market is rallying. His fund
– a sector-neutral equity strategy focused purely on
financials stocks, and the only non-quant fund...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager