Top Susquehanna trader Jason Rockland preps commodities fund
By Lawrence Delevingne
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Binnacle Capital Group plans to launch its volatility-focused offering in the third quarter with approximately $75 million.
It would seem an odd time to launch a commodities fund, given
the major losses suffered by hedge funds focused on the sector,
but a group of industry veterans are confident that their
strategy will profit from the enhanced volatility of prices in
the energy, agriculture, and metals markets, among others.
Commodities hedge funds have suffered the worst performance
this year, with global commodities markets whipsawed by ongoing
fears of European debt defaults and the effects of continued
low employment. The AR Commodities Index was down 1.82% through
April versus an
AR composite index gain of 3.41% before May’s
rout, figures for which are still being reported.
Led by longtime Susquehanna International Group trader Jason
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager