Fast growing MBS trader Axonic hires three
By Lawrence Delevingne
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Clay DeGiacinto’s firm nabs Tricadia COO and traders from Deutsche Bank and Ellington.
Clay DeGiacinto’s Axonic Capital continues its
quick rise at the center of perhaps the hottest strategy
in hedge fund investing: mortgages.
DeGiacinto (Photo: Axonic)
Launched in January 2011 with $150 million by the
former Goldman Sachs mortgage trader and Army Captain,
18-person Axonic now manages $645 million and is hiring senior
staff to keep up with the inflows.
Labib Mahfouz, until recently the chief operating officer of
$3.5 billion Tricadia Capital Management, is set to join July
10 in the same position, according to Axonic business
development head Peter Schendel. Tricadia did not respond to a
request for comment....
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager