UCITS: The blueprint for a European pensions standard
Mon Jun 25, 2012
UCITS may be the investment building block if a pan-European pension plan is given the green light. In the second of a two-part series, Absolute UCITS editor Joy Dunbar explains this development.
UCITS is to be the central building block for an EU-wide
This ambitious plan has its challenges, because all European
member states have different retirement, pension and social
An EC White Paper, published earlier this year, states: "With
national pension policies becoming increasingly a matter of
common concern, it is logical that the role of the EU in
helping member states achieving the goals of adequate and
sustainable pensions becomes more important."
A possible resolution to the continuing retirement savings
conundrum above has come from the European Fund and Asset
Management Association (EFAMA).
It has the aim to cut across different retirement plans,
pillars, and countries: A new Officially Certified European
Retirement Plan (OCERP) would be designed for retirement plans,
not the underlying investment product; but it has been proposed
that UCITS would be used as the investment element.
Eric Le Coz, deputy managing director of...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager