Staden’s GLC thrives in turbulent markets
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Few European-based firms have fared better in the fast-changing
market conditions this year than GLC, the 20-year-old
multi-strategy group led by Lawrence Staden that is one of
London’s longest-established hedge funds.
Set up in 1992, GLC runs around $1 billion in a variety of
systematic and discretionary strategies spanning short-term and
mid-term CTAs, equity statistical arbitrage, global macro and
multi-strategy – managing seven co-mingled funds and
bespoke managed accounts for institutional clients.
The firm’s GLC Directional strategy –
a short-term CTA based on trend and counter-trend models that
operates on a two- to five-day trading range – has
been on a roll since last summer, returning 20% over the past
12 months and...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager