Goldman Sachs leads the primes
By Lawrence Delevingne, Rob Copeland
Mon Jun 25, 2012
The fourth annual prime brokerage ranking captures more than $1 trillion in hedge fund assets in the Americas.
Goldman Sachs may have taken some heat during the past year
in the public eye, but the hedge fund industry is sticking by
Lloyd Blankfein’s firm. After two years in the
runner-up slot, Goldman Sachs has pushed past J.P. Morgan to
again hold the biggest market share among hedge fund prime
Morgan Stanley remains in third place, while Credit Suisse
is a close fourth in our annual ranking of the prime brokers
serving hedge funds in the Americas.
In this fourth year of the survey, a significant milestone
has been reached. For the first time, the survey captures the
relationships of hedge funds managing more than $1 trillion in
assets, allowing us to present the most comprehensive ranking
to date. Still, the majority of the rankings...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager