Former Woodbine, D. E. Shaw portfolio managers mull new commodities fund
By Rob Copeland
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Mark Masselink and C.J. Steffen consider launch after leaving Woodbine in spring.
Two recently-departed portfolio managers from ailing
Woodbine Capital Advisors are considering the launch of a
new commodities fund.
Mark Masselink, previously a portfolio manager at $15
billion Moore Capital Management and $17 billion D. E. Shaw,
would team up with longtime colleague C.J. Steffen in the new
venture, people familiar with the plans said. The pair were
co-portfolio managers of Woodbine’s commodities
trading division for less than two years until this...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager