New funds in Asia attract over $2 billion in assets during the first half
Thu Jul 19, 2012
Despite very tough market conditions, new funds in Asia are continuing to mop up considerable assets, raising $2.02 billion through 32 launches in the first half, as more top-quality managers come to the market
Despite a highly challenging macro environment, the new fund
landscape in Asia continues to be surprisingly vibrant, with as
many as 32 fund launches (as recorded by AsiaHedge) harvesting
$2.02 billion in assets in the first half of 2012, according to
the latest AsiaHedge new funds survey.
This confirms the AsiaHedge view that capital from
international allocators, and in particular from US
institutions, is continuing to flow into selected names in
Asia, albeit at a slightly more cautious pace than last
Indeed, assets raised by new funds in 1H 2012 were about 35%
less, as compared to the 1H 2011 figure of $3.09 billion
– a figure that was dramatically boosted by the
mega-launch of Azentus in the first half of 2011; assets raised
in the latest half-year are still double that of the $1.1
billion raised in the second half of 2010.
And anecdotal evidence suggests...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager