JANA shifts co-founder, co-PM Gary Claar to advisory role
By Rob Copeland
Fri Jul 20, 2012
Up 11% for year, Barry Rosenstein’s event-driven firm also hires Och-Ziff vet as head trader.
Changes are coming to
Barry Rosenstein’s $3.2 billion JANA Partners.
Gary Claar, who cofounded the event-driven firm with Rosenstein
in 2001 and was co-portfolio manager for his entire tenure, has
been shifted to a lower-profile "senior advisor" role,
according to investor documents obtained by AR.
Claar will no longer have any portfolio management
responsibility, a person familiar with the firm said. Decisions
will run through Rosenstein and co-PM David DiDomenico, who was
hired two years ago as part of the start of what the firm calls
"JANA 2.0," a post-financial crisis rebooting effort. Earlier
in his career, Claar founded...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager