Major new French asset management platform Emergence gains pace with second seeding deal
Mon Jul 23, 2012
Backed by the French government and several major investors, the nascent seeding platform has allocated to Bernheim, Dreyfus’ Diva Synergy UCITS – and has more deals in the offing, in both offshore and onshore markets
Emergence, the major new French seeding platform funded by
large institutional investors and advised by NewAlpha Asset
Management, is making swift progress towards its goal of
backing a diversified range of hedge fund strategies.
Just one month after making its first seeding in May
– providing capital to the long/short credit strategy
managed by Eiffel Investment Group – the platform has
invested in a second fund, allocating €30 million to the
UCITS version of Diva Synergy, the merger arbitrage and
pre-event strategy managed by Paris-based Bernheim, Dreyfus
The seed investment was made in late June and brings assets
in Diva Synergy UCITS to €40 million. The strategy now
manages around €200 million in total across the
French-domiciled onshore fund, the original offshore flagship
and segregated managed accounts.
Meanwhile, Emergence shows no sign of slowing down
– with a third hedge fund set to receive seed capital
in the next...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager