New fund survey: Alternative UCITS fund launches decline in first half
Thu Aug 2, 2012
Joy Dunbar, editor of Absolute UCITS, reviews the single-manager new fund survey for the alternative UCITS sector for the first half of 2012.
The number of new funds in the alternative UCITS sector has
declined dramatically and the amount that has been attracted
into them is also down significantly, according to the latest
global new fund survey published by Absolute UCITS.
The number of global new funds launched in the first half of
2012 stood at 27 and they attracted just $573 million assets
under management. It is the lowest figure since Absolute UCITS
started tracking the figures in 2010.
This significant decline could be a temporary slowdown in a
sector that grew significantly in 2010 and 2011 –
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager