Top performing public pensions rely heavily on alts, says Cliffwater
Wed Aug 1, 2012
Public pensions that increased allocations to alternatives
have been largely rewarded in experiencing higher 10-year
returns than those with smaller alternative investments,
according to a new research paper from Cliffwater.
State pension systems shifted roughly 10% of their assets
from public equities to alternatives over the five years ending
30 June 2011, keeping other asset class weights mostly
unchanged. This means that alternatives now average 20% of
total state fund assets, but individual pension plan
allocations vary widely –...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager