Jos Shaver preps SAC lift out
By Lawrence Delevingne
Tue Aug 21, 2012
The utility and infrastructure expert will manage his own shop for the first time with the re-launch of Electron Capital.
James "Jos" Shaver is finally going solo.
Shaver and his four member team left SAC Capital Advisors in
April to re-launch the long/short equity utility and
infrastructure strategy they managed semi-independently from
2005 to 2008, when they joined Steve Cohen’s $14
billion Stamford, Conn. firm. Shaver launched Electron Capital
Management in 2004 and entered into an incubation joint venture
with Steve Shapiro's Intrepid Capital Management in 2005.
Before launching Electron, Shaver was an investment banker
focused on utilities companies at SG Barr Devlin, Credit Suisse
First Boston and UBS, living in...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager