The sun shines on Latin American UCITS
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Latin American investors and asset managers are increasingly seeing the advantage of using the UCITS wrapper. Joy Dunbar, editor of Absolute UCITS, explores how hedge fund managers from the region are using the framework.
Emerging markets are leading the economic recovery.
Debt-laden developed economies in the US and Europe are unable
to produce growth to transform their struggling economies
– so investors, including those investing in
alternative assts, are diversifying and moving towards Latin
Investors and asset managers in Latin America, like their
counterparts in Asia, are increasingly using the UCITS wrapper
to broaden distribution. And investors in countries that permit
investments that use the framework are also taking
Hedge fund managers using the UCITS framework
About 80% of the hedge fund managers in the region are
headquartered in Brazil, primarily centred in the São
Paulo and Rio de Janeiro areas, and an increasing number are
launching UCITS-compliant funds.
Brazilian hedge fund managers Claritas Investimentos and BTG
Pactual are among those that have already launched alternative
UCITS using the framework. Other asset managers and banks in
the region are set to launch...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager