Hedge funds fall out of favour as Lancashire County Pension Fund severs ties with Gottex
Thu Sep 6, 2012
The $6.91 billion Lancashire County Pension Fund has terminated
its investment with Gottex Fund Management because of poor
performance over three years starting in 2008 (see graph).
Many managers hired three years ago as the markets turned
sour are finding themselves under the gun, prompting those in
the hedge fund space especially to question the three-year
return timeframe and the benchmarks used.
The issue of performance, benchmarks and reporting period
will be hotly debated at...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager