Blackstone passes $40bn milestone as global FoHFs reach $600bn in assets
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Consolidation and customisation continue to dominate the industry, while global macro and credit expect to see inflows in the next six months
By Niki Natarajan
The three 'Cs’ currently challenging the global
fund of hedge funds industry are consolidation, customisation
and conflicts. While it is a natural evolution, the move by
pension funds to attempt to invest in hedge funds directly is
leaving the majority of the FoHF players slightly dazed and
confused, forcing them to review their mission and purpose in
the coming years.
The global FoHF industry itself has settled since the
crisis, with the 103 largest players with more than $1 billion
in assets managing just shy of $600 billion. For the first half
of 2012, the performance of the global FoHF industry was 0.63%,
according to the InvestHedge Global FoHF Composite; and over
the same six-month period, the asset growth of the InvestHedge
Billion Dollar FoHF Club was flat.
Blackstone Alternative Asset Management has not only
retained its title as the largest fund...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager