Lyxor’s faith in managed accounts is cornerstone of institutional strategy
Thu Sep 6, 2012
CalSTRS and PGGM lead the way in Lyxor’s managed account expansion into the institutional arena
By Claire Makin
Lyxor Asset Management believes that managed accounts are a
lifeline for the hedge fund industry. By allaying
investors’ worst fears, managed accounts are
helping them to regain the trust in hedge funds that they lost
in 2008, according to Nathanäel Benzaken, who heads
managed account development for Lyxor. "Managed accounts are
one of the few catalysts that can encourage institutions to
allocate in big size to hedge funds," he says.
The idea of managed accounts as a white knight for the
industry is difficult to prove, but it works for Lyxor, which
operates one of the industry’s largest single
managed account platforms with almost $11 billion in assets.
Deutsche Bank’s two platforms, added together,
give it a slight edge in terms of assets under management
(see Koris International, below).
Lionel Paquin, head of the Lyxor platform, describes it as
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager