MFA reelects Bill Goodell as chair, new directors from Tudor, HBK, SAC
By Lawrence Delevingne
Tue Sep 11, 2012
The Washington-based trade group will also get a regulatory boost from former SEC and New York State officials; new members already lobbying on the Hill.
Some new big names are joining the Managed Funds Association.
The dominant U.S. hedge fund trade group announced the results
of its annual leadership election, with several political and
industry heavyweights now on its 31-person board.
Goodell (Photo: Misty Keasler)
Maverick Capital chief operating officer William Goodell was
unanimously reelected as chair to serve his second year in the
position (see AR's Q&A with Goodell from September
Maverick COO elected MFA chairman), but
he’ll have help.
Two big names from the regulatory side who will assist on
Dodd-Frank Act lobbying are newly appointed one-year MFA board
members David Vaughan, a Dechert lawyer and former Dodd-Frank
expert at the Securities and Exchange Commission’s
Division of Investment Management from 2009 to 2011, and Eric
Dinallo, a Debevoise & Plimpton lawyer who was New York
State Superintendent of Insurance from 2007 to 2009 and...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager