Former Voyant, Gradient Analytics shorting expert Matt Kliber plans new fund
By Lawrence Delevingne
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Kliber is known for his research on companies for hedge funds and other money managers; tangled with Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne.
Matt Kliber is a rare short expert in an industry full of
managers who frequently focus more on the long side of their
long/short strategies. For most of his career, Kliber dug into
overpriced companies for brand name hedge funds and others at
two research firms, Voyant Advisors and Gradient Analytics.
Now, he’s starting his own hedge fund firm
dedicated to shorting. Kliber’s new venture,
Gracian Capital in San Diego, will launch November 1 with two
analysts, former Voyant employees Katherine Lock and Ahmad
Rashidi. Morgan Stanley will be its prime broker, with
management and performance fees of 1.5% and 20%.
Gracian is targeting assets under management at launch...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager