Ex-Maverick partner Steve Galbraith preps major launch
By Rob Copeland
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Former top deputy at Lee Ainslie’s $10 billion firm already meeting with investors.
Steve Galbraith, until recently the top investment strategist
at Lee Ainslie’s $10 billion
Maverick Capital, is quickly readying plans for a new hedge
fund to begin trading in the first half of next year, according
to people familiar with his plans.
People who have spoken to Galbraith said he has expressed an
interest in bringing onboard a former partner from Maverick,
whose identity could not immediately be determined, to be on
his team for the launch. In a brief telephone conversation with
Absolute Return, Galbraith said, "I will not recruit a
Maverick partner." He declined further comment.
Likely to be based in Connecticut, the firm does not
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager