Islandbridge keeps its focus on smaller managers
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Founded amid the turmoil of 2008, the multi-family office is now starting to attract the attention of small savvy institutional investors
By Claire Makin
When Islandbridge’s chief investment officer goes
on a business trip, it is not just to visit managers. Joseph
McCarthy also uses his contacts to set up meetings with people
close to the local economy and markets.
McCarthy is looking mainly for investment themes that could
give an edge to Islandbridge, the London-based multi-family
office boutique he founded in October 2008. But he is also on
the prowl for facts of an equally vital nature. He may pick up
hints about the local activity of Islandbridge’s
managers based in other parts of the world, for instance.
This ear-to-the-ground approach is more typical of a hedge
fund manager than a multi-manager provider, but Islandbridge is
committed to digging down beneath "the sales patter and the
broker-type information", as McCarthy puts it, to get to the
He may spend up to a day in the...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager