The Asian asset management industry responds to UCITS VI
Thu Oct 11, 2012
With the ink just dry on UCITS IV and the UCITS V consultation just opened, the European Commission has published what is being unofficially dubbed UCITS VI. In the first of a two-part series, Joy Dunbar, editor of Absolute UCITS, explores how the Asian asset management industry has responded to this development.
UCITS is one of the best known of global investment brands.
Its reach has captured many investors on the shores of the
Middle East, Latin America and Asia as well as within the
European region itself.
The European Commission launched an in-depth consultation on
UCITS funds just days after the launch of the UCITS V proposals
However, how does the Asian asset management industry view
Product Rules, Liquidity Management, Depositary, Money Market
Funds, Long-term Investments – which has unofficially
been dubbed UCITS VI?
The speed of new UCITS directives
Lawrence Au, head of Asia Pacific for Hong Kong-based BNP
Paribas Securities Services, says so far there has not been
much discussion about UCITS VI and fund managers in Asia have
just implemented UCITS IV.
He explains: "UCITS V has just been opened and then the
consultation into so-called UCITS VI has just opened.
"A lot of people in the...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager