The alternative UCITS industry in 2020
Mon Oct 22, 2012
The last panel of the Absolute UCITS Conference attempted to
paint a picture of how the alternative UCITS may look like
within a decade.
Lucy Frew (pictured below), head of investment funds and
financial services regulation at law firm Gide Loyrette Nouel,
told the audience at the British Museum that she thought that
the industry will be different in a few years.
She said: "I think it is going to be different partly because
of the demands of regulators and standing behind them the
politicians who are increasingly driving the direction of
regulation and also the demands of investors.
"The industry is under the spotlight now and will continue to
be over the next few years. I think it is going to be a healthy
and strong industry looking forward. [But] it will have to make
some changes, and is making changes."
Asset growth in the industry
Most of alternative UCITS...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager