What is the best way to distribute an alternative UCITS?
Mon Oct 22, 2012
The global financial crisis, which gathered momentum in
2008, has led many asset management firms to reconsider their
This is because attracting assets has become harder which has
resulted in investors forcing asset managers to rethink their
Andrew Main (pictured below), founder of fixed income
specialist Stratton Street Capital, told the audience at the
Absolute UCITS Conference at the British Museum that a lesson
he has learnt is that one UCITS-compliant structure
isn’t necessarily enough.
He said: "We are about to launch our second UCITS-compliant
fund, which will be domiciled in Luxembourg.
"It will have the aim of dealing with different taxation and
regulations which come from the German speaking market.
"This is because there are certain things you
can’t necessarily do that with...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager