Commitment pays off as new firm Hengistbury makes textbook start
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Ex-TCI manager Stuart Powers and his partners have made very sure-footed progress in an extremely testing climate with their value-driven and Europe-centric global long/short equity fund
Few new European hedge funds have made more impressive headway
in the very challenging market and business environment of the
past few years than Hengistbury Investment Partners, the
long/short equity firm led by former TCI partner Stuart Powers.
Since launching its Hengistbury Master Fund – a
value-driven fundamental long/short global equity strategy that
is predominantly focused on Europe – in January this
year, the fund is up by 16.5% net to the end of September, in a
year when many other long/short equity funds have struggled to
keep pace with equity indices that are showing strong gains for
The fund’s sure-footed progress – at a
time of generally lacklustre performance in the industry
– and the firm’s strong pedigree have
certainly caught the eye of investors.
Assets have grown to around $300 million over the past few
months in a tough asset-raising climate and the...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager