Industry veteran Meadows shows pedigree in macro with Laurentia
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Former prop trader and fund-of-fund allocator’s global macro fund is looking to grow its investor base after building a strong two-year track record below the radar
Laurentia Management, a London-based global macro boutique
established two years ago by experienced industry veteran Neil
Meadows, is starting to raise its profile and approach
investors after building a healthy track record with its
Laurentia Global Fund.
The BVI-domiciled fund launched in October 2010 and has
produced a 23% gain for investors in the two years since
– through a period that has seen very broad dispersion
of returns among global macro managers.
Meadows has sought to draw on the industry lessons of 2008
and 2009, providing investors with access to liquid trading in
core markets with high transparency, low leverage and virtually
no counterparty risk.
Laurentia Global made 10% in the fourth quarter of 2010,
during which time the EuroHedge macro median index was up by
only a few basis points. The fund avoided losing money last
year – ending 2011 roughly flat, while the index was
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager