Tiger-backed former Norges Bank team get going with new global macro venture at Trient
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Oslo-based macro asset management firm puts the former heads of investment management at the world’s largest sovereign wealth fund in partnership with Julian Robertson’s legendary Tiger Management. Pirkko Juntunen reports
Knut Kjaer needs little introduction in the investment world.
He was instrumental in implementing the pioneering investment
management operations of Norway’s vast and hugely
respected sovereign wealth fund – which is managed by
Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM), where Kjaer served as
CEO from its inception in 1997 until 2008.
Now Kjaer and four founding partners are starting to manage
external client money at Trient Asset Management, an Oslo-based
global macro hedge fund that is backed by Tiger Management
– putting the team in partnership with Julian
Robertson, another revered figure in the world of international
Trient is rolling out its new fund at a time of extreme
opportunity and challenge in the global macro sphere, with
market and investor sentiment constantly changing between fear
and hope and with managers having to contend with the
oscillating risk-on/risk-off environment.
But the Trient principals believe the unsettled
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager