Canyon, Greenlight, LibreMax among double-digit winners in bounce-back year
By Rob Copeland
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Nearly 80% of hedge funds made money in the third quarter, though global stocks did even better.
||Source: Absolute Return reporting, the
HedgeFund Intelligence database, HSBC Private
Hedge funds turned in another steady third quarter,
according to HedgeFund Intelligence data, putting the industry
in a strong position to close out profits in the final months
of the year.
Some 79% of funds were positive in the quarter, more than
double the ratio from the same period one year earlier. The
Absolute Return Composite rose 2.22%, and is now up 4.93% for
the year. All but one of the 16 underlying...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager