Former Soros CIO nears launch of Anderson Global Macro early next year
By Rob Copeland
Tue Oct 23, 2012
The fund is one of a slew of major startups crowding into Q1 2013.
Keith Anderson, the former chief investment officer of Soros
Fund Management and a cofounder of BlackRock, will at last
begin trading with a new global macro fund early next year,
according to three people familiar with his plans.
(Photo: Nichols College)
Anderson has been long tipped to have hedge fund
Absolute Return reported last year that he was
quietly laying the groundwork for a launch. After sitting out
his separation agreement with Soros and traveling with his
family, he assembled his team in the spring and summer and will
Anderson Global Macro in the first quarter of 2013,
said the people who have spoken to him.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager